*********************************************************

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Woe Is Me Rollercoaster

I've been on a "woe is me" rollercoaster. 

Woe was me when I was facing infertility

Woe wasn't me when we were first starting the adoption process; it was exciting. 

Woe was me when we "had" to wait so long

Woe wasn't me when we found out about Kinsey. 

Woe was me because I was having lots of joint pain and other weird things while we were waiting for Kinsey to be born

Woe wasn't me once Kinsey was here. 

Woe is me again because the pain is back, because I feel sometimes outcasted/rejected, because because because...

I have a lesson to apply here.  I have to remember that dwelling on my circumstances won't help.  It didn't make it any easier when I was in the midst of any of my woes in the past.  It's ridiculously easy to have a pity party for myself, though.  I've done it all my life.  Rather than accept, I complain, pout, make excuses, and complain some more. 

I want want want to get up in the morning and know that even if I'm having a hard day, there is joy to be had, and that  "...he who began a good work in [me] will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ."  Phil 1:6  There is always a bigger picture.  It's a good one, I am assured of that.  Joys always outweigh woes, at least that's how I think Jesus and Paul looked at it.

1 comment:

cara said...

Nice application of Philippians! I totally agree