*********************************************************

Friday, June 25, 2010

First Day Back to Work

Today was my first official day back to work.  Fortunately, David dropped Kinsey off in the morning.  I'm sure that made it easier on me emotionally.  He also picked her up at the end of the day.

It was a nice, calm day at work.  My co-workers were great, and the doctors who were there today are so easy to work with.  The babysitter sent a picture text to her sister, (also my co-worker) so I got to see a couple cute pics from the day.  It made me excited and sad at the same time.

I wasn't feeling too upset about the whole thing during the day, and was a bit proud to know I would be bringing in a little extra money.  I'd rather have a feeling of being thankful; I think that would be better.  But pride it was.  "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." James 5:6

This isn't a post about pride, so I digress.

When I got home, I was excited to see Kinsey.  She was a little sleepy, so she didn't really give me any smiles.  That was disappointing.  She also got hungry too early based on my normal schedule, so that freaked me out for a little while.  I got teary.  It made me sad that I wasn't with her all day to keep her on my beloved schedule.  It also made me sad to think that it was someone else who got to spend the day with her, not me.  After an hour or so she finally sat in my lap and smiled at me for a few minutes.  Then I gave her a bath.  Those two things really helped me feel better and feel like I had quality time to connect with her.

What I am thankful for is that my first day back was a Friday, so I have two days off before I go in again.  It would be much harder to have to turn around and go back to work again.  Next week I work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, so I will have a day in between each work day.  Hopefully that will help.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I know how you feel about your schedule and wanting to keep her on it...it will be ok, and soon you will be looking forward to going to work and getting some time...I promise. I had so many of the same feelings you are having...just know that it is normal and you are doing great!