*********************************************************

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Feelin' Good

I'm feeling good right now, better than I've felt in a couple of weeks. I think it's a combination of church tonight, watching Knocked Up on tv right now, and the Ambien I took about an hour ago!

Anyhow, I'm having a moment of clarity. Everything is going to work out just as it should.
So if you haven't heard, David got an assignment to the Pentagon last week. His report date is Feb 15th. We talked with our adoption case worker last week and let her know our situation. If we end up getting placed with a baby before then, it is likely we won't end up going to DC. The assignment can be deferred for 6 months from the date the baby is placed in our home. Since David will have just under 2 years to go after that 6 months, we should be able to get the assignment cancelled.


However, if we do not get placed with a baby before February, we are moving to DC. We'll be renting out our house and putting a bunch of stuff in storage for our return in 2 years. I don't know what the adoption plan will be after the move, that is something we are exploring but trying not to worry about making a decision until the time comes.


If we stay, I'll be totally thrilled because that would mean we'd have our baby...what we've been waiting for for over 2 years now.
If we go, I'm looking forward to the unknown...I know that sounds crazy coming from me but at this moment now (I can't speak for tomorrow!) I'm looking forward to new experiences in a new place.






No comments: