*********************************************************

Saturday, July 24, 2010

4 Months Old!


This has to be the easiest age!

Kinsey rolls over from her back to her stomach almost every time I lay her on the floor.  She doesn't roll from her stomach to her back much, but she has a few times.  She can also hold on to objects for a short period of time on purpose.  She is starting to grab at things and put them in her mouth much more now too.  Right now, she is sitting in her bouncy seat grabbing at the toys.  It is really neat to watch her grab onto something and then look at it with big eyes!

The only minor difficulty I encountered this past month was with napping.  She started taking to cat-napping instead of her full naps.  I think it was a combination of her going back and forth from the babysitter's house and home, as well as my lack of discipline in the "cry it out" area.  The last few days I finally decided she needed to re-learn how to get herself to sleep, and it has been fabulous.  By yesterday, it only took her about five minutes to fall asleep after I put her down for her morning and afternoon nap, and she napped for an hour and a half each time.  I actually woke her up to feed her.  I find it is much easier to feed her when I wake her rather than when she wakes up on her own and fusses.

Sleeping at night has been the same, between 9-11 hours.  The cool thing is she will wake up on her own in the morning and just roll from side to side in her crib, talking a little bit until I come in and get her.  She hasn't been fussy in the morning at all this month.

She is starting to grow out of the 0-3 month clothes and into the 3-6 month size. 

I got her to sit leaning forward a little bit the last few days.  Here is a picture:

 

On Monday she has her 4 month appointment, so we will see how she has grown and also discuss starting rice cereal.  I am not in a hurry for it, so I won't necessarily start yet.  We'll see.  She won't be able to get her shots for another week and a half because our 2 month appointment was a week and a half after she turned 2 months, and we can't have this next set any sooner than August 3rd.  But I wanted to go ahead and get her appointment on time to get an accurate percentile for weight.  For shots we go to the immunization clinic on base and they are walk in, so it's not like I have to make another doctor appointment just for shots.

On July 4th Kinsey got to see fireworks for the first time on base.  She wasn't bothered at all by the noise, and it seemed like she was a little bit interested.  David and I also got to go out for our first date night this month, while my friend watched her.  It was nice!  We went to Texas Roadhouse and then did a little bit of shopping.  We have also been busy with summer parties and get togethers.

On the adoption front, we had our final home visit from our caseworker this month.  She said we should be able to get a court date around September 20th to finalize the adoption, yay!  So exciting!  Also, this month I sent a bunch of pictures and a letter to the birth mother telling her all about Kinsey's developments.  We should be seeing her next month sometime.

Here is a link to the pictures from the last month!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2181455&id=71210563&l=ed043d1cf9

No comments: