*********************************************************

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Neighbors

David and I decided to have a block party for our neighborhood.  I'm really looking forward to getting to know our neighbors and being able to build relationships.  When I was growing up and my parents moved us to a different town, my Mom decided to have an open house to meet all the neighbors.  It's a pretty rare thing nowadays, but what a great way to get to know the people that live around us.  I'm sure there are plenty of theories about why as a society we are so closed off.  Really, I don't care why, I'm just going to try to turn it around.

God is still knocking my socks off through the sermons at church.  I wish I could go every day and listen and be inspired...but that would defeat the whole purpose.  I'm inspired to build better relationships and fulfill the command Jesus gave us to go into all nations to spread the hope that He gave us.  David and I are praying about changes we need to make.  I'm overwhelmed, but in a good way.

I told David tonight that ever since he made serious efforts to become the husband God calls him to be (leading, loving, and serving), my relationship with God has changed.  I desire to know God better and obey his commands more fully.  I know it's not coincidence.  My desire to seek God's direction is a direct result of David's strengthening in areas of his own life. 

I feel I'm falling short in my relationships with my co-workers.  I get cranky because perhaps I'd rather be at home with my daughter.  Or perhaps because I'm frustrated with the procedures at work that don't make sense.  Or because I get discouraged from hearing complaining and gossiping, which is just as much coming from me as anyone else.  All this crankiness totally blocks my ability to encourage and share my love and care for them.

1 comment:

cara said...

Glad to hear God is challenging you. I pray he gives you the wisdom and strength to move forward with your ideas and passions.