*********************************************************

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mind Dump

I stole this title from our pastor, who writes a weekly mind dump entry in his blog.  Seems like it will be much easier than trying to write coherent paragraphs!

-I'm beginning to be unsettled about how much excess I have in my home, when there are so many starving and poor people around the world.

-This is partly because of some recent sermons at church and partly because I've been reading the book, Radical by David Platt.

-Also I've been really thinking about how my life is so little like what Jesus actually calls us to. 

-Kinsey has been saying new words constantly.  I used to be so amazed that she was saying one new word almost every day, and now it's more like 2 or 3 every day.

-She pooped in the potty once.  We are not potty training, but she told me "poop" when she was in the bathtub the other night so I took her out and set her on the toilet.  I was about to take her off because nothing happened for a little while when all of a sudden I heard a plop.  Now, if I ask her if she wants to get on the potty she shakes her head no really fast.

-We went to a gymnastics place this morning that has an hour of open playtime and Kinsey loved it.  She ran around like crazy.  Her favorite part was the trampolines that were built into the floor.

No comments: