*********************************************************

Monday, March 29, 2010

Where do I begin?

I was blessed to be in the operating room for Kinsey's birth, and once the nurses did the initial assessment, I went with the baby to a triage room where we spent a couple of hours.  We gave her her first bottle and just held her and took pictures.  Birth mom did spend some time with her and with us during the 3 days we were in the hospital which I was very happy about.  David and I were able to get our own room for two of the three nights.  That was nice to be able to care for her right away.  By the end of the three days, we were very happy to be going home.  The hospital was stressful, even though things went very smoothly.  On Saturday the papers were signed by the birth mother and then our agency signed Kinsey to us.  We will have two home visits by our case worker over the next couple of months and then the adoption should be legal in about six months. 

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about my infertility once baby came, but there was still some sadness when we were in the hospital.  It was brief, but there.  Now, with her home, there is no sadness.  I don't know when and if it will come back, but I am thrilled to be a mama.  This is what I have been waiting for the last three years, and what I have envisioned almost all my life.  Being pregnant wasn't the goal even though it felt like it when we first started trying to have a baby.  Being parents was the goal, and we have achieved that, all praise to God.

3 comments:

cara said...

Yay for mommy and daddy!

Meredith said...

My two best friends are adopted and I am so thankful for this miracle of sacrifice on both sides! This is my "Aunt" Mary's favorite poem and she said from one mother to another she would like to share this:
Not flesh of my flesh,
Nor bone of my bone,
but still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart
but in it.

Praying blessing on this new life of yours!

Chris said...

Well said, Sarah, and great parents you and David will be. Godspeed in the life that is now in your hands!

~Chris & Amy Weaton