*********************************************************

Saturday, July 12, 2008

I have a great boss

One thing I have been blessed with in my life has been great bosses. My first boss was my Dad, and of course I thought he was a great boss. When I worked on base after college I also had a really great boss...he was fair, understanding, personable, willing to bend the rules when it made sense, and would put others before himself. Now I have another great boss. I was supposed to go to a class this weekend to get a certification for work and for a few reasons ended up choosing not to go. I was able to get the certification online instead and save myself a lot of headache and anxiety. I called my boss this morning to let her know, unsure how she would react. She was completely supportive and encouraging and was happy I was able to get it over with and out of the way for my weekend--even though I'd already taken off half of Thursday and all of Friday in anticipation of being in class for 12 hours over the weekend.

I am so relieved. I was experiencing very high anxiety levels last night, and didn't fall asleep until 4am. The ladies in our small group talked about emotional roller coasters on Wednesday night. I don't desire to avoid emotional roller coasters because they can teach me valuable lessons. Although I would rather not have stressed out about the situation last night, doing so allowed me to feel great freedom this morning after talking to my boss.

1 comment:

Rach said...

so glad you have such a nice, understanding boss. that can make all the difference when it comes to how much you actually enjoy your job.