*********************************************************

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Forgiveness

Most people are too hard on themselves and not on others. Sometimes I think I am the opposite. I am not hard enough on myself and too hard on others. I wrote a post a couple weeks back about how I am quick to look at the sin in other people's lives, especially my husband's. I can pretty easily look over my own sin, though. It's because I know I am forgiven. I know that God's grace is abundant, hence the name of my blog.

Katie made such a good point the other day on my blog about how hard it is to know when and how to confront the sin you see in others. I've thought about that often over the last couple weeks and am realizing it must start in me with forgiveness.

One of the hardest things for me is to believe that what the Bible says is true, and that what is says happened, and that it came from God. In this case, my experience tells me it is true. It is unrealistic to think that I could just pass over the sin I see in my own life and around me and pretend it's not there. Just like Adam and Eve in the garden, they could no longer pretend sin did not exist once they ate from the tree. Because of this I have the ability to see sin in me and in others. So the only thing to do with that is to learn to be forgiving.

In adoption news, we are now in the "Waiting Families" book and are waiting to be picked. It could be two weeks or it could be two years. David and I are confident that the baby that comes home with us will be the one God designed for us. I am willing to wait as long as it takes. Knowing that it is not a matter of "if" anymore but a matter of "when" is comforting. Of course the unknown can be frustrating if I think about it too much but most things in life are!

No comments: