*********************************************************

Saturday, August 9, 2008

ESFP

Sometimes I get into personality profiles, and sometimes I find the questions too confining. But it is midnight and even though I was super sleepy all day, I find myself unable to fall asleep. So, I thought for fun I would do the personality profile that Rachael mentioned on this website. Here are the results and my thoughts:

The Performer

You are a natural performer and happiest when you're entertaining others: Very true, I LOVE entertaining people at the house.

A great friend, you are generous, fun-loving and optimistic: I'd say I'm generous--I often pay for others when I go out or if someone is in need I like to give what I can to ease their burden. I'm not sure about fun-loving; I'm sure sometimes I am but other times I am more serious in friendships. I think I am optimistic for others because I don't want to be the one to bring them down, even if the down side of a situation may be very real and possible.

You love to laugh - and you like almost all people equally. I do love to laugh, but I can't say I like almost all people equally. I wish I liked all people equally and could appreciate more those I'm not so keen on. This is something I need to ponder.


You accept life as it is, and you do your best to make each day fantastic: I really don't know about this one...I'd have to ponder it more...maybe sometime other than midnight.

In love, you are a smooth talker and incorrigible flirt.
While you get into relationships easily, you don't tend to stick around when times get tough: Again, I don't know how to respond to either of these.

At work, you do well in groups. You keep everyone laughing through difficult tasks.
You would make a good actor, designer, or counselor: I disagree with keeping everyone laughing through difficult tasks. I enjoy laughing in appropriate situations but when I have a task to do, I like to work hard to get it done if I'm on a deadline. If there's no deadline then I may be inclined to keep the situation light but I would generally help keep things light if others are doing the same. I'm not one to stand out at work; I try to do my job well most of the time. If others are laughing then I'll go along with it and have a great time, and try to create laughter myself. But if others are serious, I won't try to change their mood. I think I could be an ok actor. I think I'd make a terrible designer because I don't see myself as inherently creative. I think I would make a good counselor.

How you see yourself: Capable, fair, and efficient: Yes, Yes, and Yes. But that's pretty generic.

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Incompetent, stubborn, and silly: At work there is one girl in particular that I think sees me as incompetent, and I don't think she gets me. I have a few friends that might see me as stubborn, although I'd say they get me. I don't think that silly is quite accurate though. I think some who don't "get" me might see me as serious and others might see me as pretentious.

No comments: