*********************************************************

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Humility

A good part of the sermon tonight was about humility.  I wrote down the questions to ask yourself to guage your own humility.  I love, love, love being around people who are authentically humble.  I usually find myself wanting to be so much more like them.

Humility:
1.  Are you teachable?
2.  How do you respond to correction and rebuke?
3.  Do you repent quickly and thoroughly?
4.  How considerate are you of others?
5.  Do you give and receive service well?
6.  Are you constantly aware of God's grace?
7.  Do you disagree agreeably?
8.  How much do you need attention and affirmation?

"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble"...1 Peter 5:5

You can go to tucsonrevolution.com and find the link for the sermon by Josh Reich, should be posted tomorrow sometime.

One more thing to add from last week's sermon that was a big hitter for me..."If there were 10 more of me would it be great or would it just be full of problems?

No comments: