*********************************************************

Monday, June 22, 2009

Oh What a Day!

Today started out very normal. I asked David to wake me up at 6 so I could go for a walk with the dogs. As usual he woke me up and I changed my mind and went back to bed! Then I went to work and everything was so normal. Then, I find out mid-morning that an acquaintance's husband died this weekend. He was 31. I was totally heartbroken even though I had never met him. I didn't really know my acquaintance all that well either. It just hit me like a ton of bricks.

I was also told today I had to censor some of what I say in this blog. That frustrated me, because this blog is all about honesty and openness. I want to be completely transparent. I want to be transparent for my friends, so they can see what I'm going through. I want to be transparent to people who are thinking about adoption, because I think shared experiences are important. And I even want to be transparent for birth moms who might read this, because there are so many facets to adoption. It's one of those things that even though I understand where the censorship is coming from, it's not a good feeling to know that I can't write about everything the way that I think is best and honest.

On top of all that of course I've been feeling discouraged about not having a baby yet. I'm not actually discouraged about the time it's taken so far for the adoption. I think I'm more discouraged about the time it possibly could take. I'm discouraged for David, that he is almost 37 and has waited even longer than I have for this.

My co-worker let me go home early today because she knew I was having a hard day. I came home feeling very, very discouraged. But David and I talked about how important it is for us to really "live life" right now. We don't really know what that means, but we're praying that we'll find out soon!

2 comments:

Leatrice said...

Why do you have to censor what you write? Who told you that?

Katie Sue said...

Sarah, I'm so so sorry. Censorship is an ugly, hurtful thing. I know from personal experience. If you want to talk about it please feel free to call me.

In addition, I totally admire how honest you are, about the adoption topic, but also about where your heart is right now. I can't imagine how difficult the waiting must be. I will pray that God will bless your time without the baby to even more richly bless the time when the baby comes.

Covering you in prayer dear friend!