*********************************************************

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pressure

I'm getting tired of pressure coming from all sides. I need to take a hard look at my responsibilities and make some more decisions (oh, my favorite). I was told by a good friend of mine a couple weeks ago that she can't count on me to do what I say I'm going to do because I often back out or cancel. Today I backed out of an important obligation because, of all things, I was tired. I let other people down, I let my husband down, and I let myself down.

Working nights is hard. I like it, but it doesn't make the rest of my life very easy. Working full time gives us a comfort zone financially, but again, it puts a huge strain on the rest of my life because of the hours and the stress. I am weak; and I should just admit that I know I am weak and make fewer obligations and make sacrifices where they need to be made.

Balance is so hard.

No comments: